Saturday, January 14, 2012

When the Silence

When the silence hits
I sense it...
When the dark crowds in
I feel it.

When my doubt calls out
I need you.
When my need is great
Reveal it.

A chill --it's real...
Pulls me in.
Longing for a word
From my best friend.

Alone, I fend off loneliness
Unknown, I tend my emptiness.
My lack is just another reminder
That I'm in need of a constant Provider.
You, alone, will be the Healer.
Alone, YOU are the one I need here.

They say goodbye... they say goodnight.
My heart doth sigh... then starts the fight.
The struggle against the inner groan.
When did I forget how to be alone?

I find myself typing... tapping and rambling...
I see myself griping, cracking, unraveling.
This should not be so, I know.
How do I learn to live and let go?

I cling to You more tightly now.
Salty reminders that I'm by myself.
But why does it still press me...
When it's all about YOU and YOUR reality?

Teach me how to live...
Remind me how to sing...
Show me how to love...
Then hold me through the rain.
Carry me, Lord, when I'm too weak to stand.
Guide me, Father, as only You can.
Soften my heart --rebellious stone.
At night, when it's dark, 'mind me I'm not alone. :-)

I miss You.
I miss us.
Come nearer please.
It's true
It's enough
To know You're with me. <3

Fill me with Your perfect presence...
Fill this void,
With Your joy
When the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment