Thursday, January 5, 2012

Why do these conversations always end with tears...?
Wasted sentiments lead to wasted years.
I'll have no regrets and neither will they
At least that's what they would like to say.

Don't need to be discouraged in light of all this
God sanctions marriages --not people... not parents.
He alone is my audience of One.

Fresh tears --familiar doubts
Stealing joy --crowding out...
Inadequate... did I forget?
I'm over it --at least I thought I was...
Did I deceive myself?
Not enough for him...? even now.

Lonely --but God is near.
Reassuring comfort here.
Dark and bleak, yet full of hope.
Sad, yet joyful. Brave with fear.
Trying to untangle and decode...

He's sleeping now, and rest has he.
Fills my heart with peace and glee.
I ponder if we are meant to be...
Will he ever be with me?
Questions surface --injure mind.
What's the purpose? Are they blind?
How was confidence bruised with such ease?
Oh Lord, I'm Yours... but will he be mine?

As you read this, please do not despair.
God is guiding --He is near.
Opposition only strengthens my resolve.
I've made my choice... I've given my love.
Just lingering doubts fed on unrest.
Trust me when I say...
There's no one that could take your place.
These feelings that I am dispensable...
Are probably me being nonsensical.

They hurt a little --yet they shall pass.
And in time, I'll learn to smile and laugh.
Their words are hollow --foreboding the 'morrow...
Their predictions based on faulty paths.

Why do these words always end with tears...?
They've left me now... and you're not here.



*sigh*

1 comment: